I have hepatitis b. I never had never been exposed to infected needles or sex other than my wife who is vaccinated. How did i got it?

In brief: Uncertain

Hepatitis B is spread by fluids like blood or semen.
It can be spread by sexual contact with someone who is infected or by sharing needles or syringes. It can be spread from mother to baby when giving birth. Healthcare workers can become infected by a needle stick. It could even be spread by sharing a razor or toothbrush with someone who is infected.

In brief: Uncertain

Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: At birth?

World-wide the commonest means of exposure is at birth.
; bloody process, mother is a carrier of the virus (probably got it at birth from her mother), infant gets exposed at birth. Infantile exposure commonly leads to chronic carriage of virus, and chronic infection.

In brief: At birth?

Dr. Jonathan Jassey