I have fluid on my knee, a lot of fluid. Mri didn't show anything wrong. Had it drained and checked, no infection or crystals. Fluid returned. Help?

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Not everything look

We need to know more about this to answer your question.
What is the cell count? How much volume? Is this the only joint? There are sometimes problems with the labs finding crystals. A good rheumatologist can find crystals that a lab does not. Sometimes you need to have an apatite stain. This is not routinely done. Clia does not allow rheumatologists to look for crystals as a waived test.

In brief: Not everything look

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Synovial biopsy

Next step of work up diagnostic scope painless atraumatic effision shortlist look up pvns.

In brief: Synovial biopsy

Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Jack Hinkle