How can I get my baby to take medication?

Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: Taste

Is incredibly important.
The easiest way is to just syringe it in the side of the mouth. Or try hiding it in a small amount of juice like apple or grape. You may have to divide it up and give several small doses. Pharmacies can add some flavors to make the taste better. These are usually pretty sugary as well. Other options are available if baby is older...

In brief: Taste

Is incredibly important.
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Bert Mandelbaum

In brief: Use a syringe

Most babies will take a liquid medicine when it is administered with a dropper or syringe and the medicine is squirt into the cheeks behind the front half of the tongue.
This prevents the infant from pushing the medicine out with their tongue.

In brief: Use a syringe

Dr. Bert Mandelbaum
Dr. Bert Mandelbaum
Dr. Shontae Buffington