We have a very bad mold problem in our apartment. What health concerns should I be worried about for myself and my children.?

Dr. Gary Steven
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Two

Some types of mold secrete a respiratory toxin; if anyone in the family quickly develops a cough or asthma-like symptoms, you need to move.
Anyone in the family allergic to the molds in the home may develop recurrent sinus infections or the gradual onset of asthma symptoms; skin testing by an allergist can be helpful to sort this out, and possibly prove the problem to the landlord.

In brief: Two

Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Gary Steven
I'm glad you were able to relocate, which isn't a given, these days. That was definitely your best option!
Dr. Maziar Rezvani

In brief: Multiple issues

Based on on studies, significant exposure to mold can cause worsening rhinitis and asthma symptoms.
It also increases the risk of asthma and allergies in children as well as adults.

In brief: Multiple issues

Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Dr. Cindy Juster