My father had got stroke and know he is okay after brain surgery.I heard that those who get first attack they will get second attack also.How to prev?

Dr. Kevin Vaught
Neurosurgery

In brief: See a neurologist

A neurologist can discuss your father's previous stroke and his modifiable risk factors in order to reduce his risk of a future stroke.

In brief: See a neurologist

Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Kevin Vaught

In brief: Change!

He needs to change what can be changed.
If his blood pressure is not well controlled, control it! if he smokes, stop! if the stroke was caused by a vessel blockage (ischemic) he probably will need to take some sort of anti-platelet drug. If his cholesterol is high then there are drugs to correct there is significant blockages of his carotids they may need to be opened up. Speak with his doc.

In brief: Change!

He needs to change what can be changed.
Dr. Bruce J. Stringer
Dr. Bruce J. Stringer
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology