Dislocated my knee cap and popped it back in myself, its happened 4x before. Anything I need to look out for?

Dr. Scott Slattery
Sports Medicine
In brief: Loose body in joint
A recurrent dislocation of the patella can "knock off'" pieces of cartilage and bone and leave them floating in your knee.
This can cause catching sensations and pain. The more often this happens, the more likely you are to have cartilage damage leading to arthritis. As this has happened 4 times, if it is disabling for you, you may want to see an orthopedic surgeon to stabilize your patella.

In brief: Loose body in joint
Dr. Scott Slattery
Dr. Scott Slattery
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Surgeons
Surgicl care of thepf jointisnot a high point for sucess rate.

In brief: Surgeons
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine