Recently had bacterial vaginosis and a yeast infection. Still think I have bv- treated with metronidazole + fluconazole, discharge white. Thoughts?

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Needs restest

When people have both BV and yeast it can be hard to get rid of both.
Often one comes back. These cases are tricky and will require retesting to make sure the right infection is being retreated.

In brief: Needs restest

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: You need another

Culture at a lab like I use for my pts that specializes in vaginal cultures , you can have other types of bacteria and there are 4 different types of yeast you could have and 3 of them while not as common as Candida Albicans are harder to treat, and there are much better drugs than metroni.
To treat BV so if u want to see me at 1500 univ dr#106 coralsp, i can do a a proper culture so u can be tre.

In brief: You need another

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Adam Levy