How do I know if I am a good candidate for lasik?

Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Ophthalmology

In brief: My criteria

No other eye disease or systemic collagen vascular disease.
Not pregnant. Eyes are not seriously dry. Normal corneal mapping. Adequate corneal thickness. Pupils 7mm or less in dim light. Prescription in the treatable range. Appropriate expectations.

In brief: My criteria

Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Dr. Federico Mattioli
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Lasik doc

Candidacy determination is based on multiple factors that your lasik surgeon can evaluate.
Prescription, eye health including special testing of the cornea, and certain medicines or medical conditions are important factors. All of these as well as any concerns should be addressed in your consultation.

In brief: Lasik doc

Dr. Federico Mattioli
Dr. Federico Mattioli
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: See an eye doctor

The ideal lasik candidate is someone who is tired of wearing glasses or contact lenses, has reasonable expectations, and whose eyes are otherwise healthy.
Most lasik surgeons offer free or low-cost evaluations to determine whether you are a candidate. If you can benefit from lasik, you will then have a series of tests and a talk with the doctor to discuss what lasik can do to help your vision.

In brief: See an eye doctor

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: LASIK evaluation

Go see your corneal surgeon for an evaluation.

In brief: LASIK evaluation

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley