What type of surgical options do I have for cataracts ?

Phaco. Different techniques depending on where you live in the world. Standard = phacoemulsification, can be bimanual through smaller incisions, though limitation = incision size for the new lens. Where there are fewer phaco machines, most people use manual small incision extracap. Cataract surgery allows for various techniques of reducing astigmatism, putting in different types of lenses, etc.
Cataract Surgery. Cataracts can only be treated one way: cataract surgery. This procedure involves replacing the discolored and opaque lens with an implant. New technology lens implants not only clear the fog of cataract, but can allow you to see both distance and near without the need for glasses! seek out an ophthalmologist who is experienced in using all the different lens technologies to discuss your options.