How will I know if my baby has an ear infection?

Dr. Franklyn Gergits
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Ear infection
Hello, symptoms of an ear infection include fever, irritability, and possible your child pulling at her ear. The best is to see your pediatrician for confirmation and treatment.
I hope this helps.

In brief: Ear infection
I hope this helps.
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
Dr. Russell Faust
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Someone must LOOK
Erupting teeth - teething - releases cytokines that can cause low grade fevers, irritability, diarrhea, and loss of sleep.
Oddly, the nerves that supply the jaw and teeth also provide sense of pain to the ears. As a result, teething can cause referred ear pain, and all other symptoms of an ear infection. A doc must look at th ear totell the difference. (teething is also associated with drooling.).

In brief: Someone must LOOK
Dr. Russell Faust
Dr. Russell Faust
Dr. Arthur Torre
Pediatrics - Allergy & Asthma
In brief: Earache
Ear infections generally cause ear pain.
The pain may make your baby fussy or irritable. He/she may tug or fuss with the painful ear. Ear infections generally accompany colds, so a runny nose or cough might proceed the baby getting worse (as the ear infection starts). Fever may be part of an ear infection as well. Pus dripping from the ear is a later sign if the eardrum bursts.

In brief: Earache
Dr. Arthur Torre
Dr. Arthur Torre
Dr. Vicken Poochikian