How will I know if my baby has an ear infection?

Ear infection. Hello, symptoms of an ear infection include fever, irritability, and possible your child pulling at her ear. The best is to see your pediatrician for confirmation and treatment. I hope this helps.
Someone must LOOK. Erupting teeth - teething - releases cytokines that can cause low grade fevers, irritability, diarrhea, and loss of sleep. Oddly, the nerves that supply the jaw and teeth also provide sense of pain to the ears. As a result, teething can cause referred ear pain, and all other symptoms of an ear infection. A doc must look at th ear totell the difference. (teething is also associated with drooling.).
Earache. Ear infections generally cause ear pain. The pain may make your baby fussy or irritable. He/she may tug or fuss with the painful ear. Ear infections generally accompany colds, so a runny nose or cough might proceed the baby getting worse (as the ear infection starts). Fever may be part of an ear infection as well. Pus dripping from the ear is a later sign if the eardrum bursts.