I've been on Effexor (venlafaxine) XR for 11 weeks. While I do feel some relief from my anxiety, i'm always tired. Why is this?

Dr. Bassam Amawi

In brief: As above

I agree with what other physician has written about Effexor (venlafaxine) , if it cause u to be tired , try to take it at bedtime , it is a good medication.

In brief: As above

In brief: Common complaint

It is a not uncommon complaint with Effexor (venlafaxine) that people can feel tired or fatigued from it.
Similar complaint with cymbalta. Both Effexor (venlafaxine) and Cymbalta are "dual-action" agents and "single-action" agents like Prozac or zoloft might be less likely to cause the fatigue but might be less effective for your anxiety. Can't know unless you try. Talk to your doctor. I might try zoloft next.

In brief: Common complaint

Dr. Marsha Davis