Scratch in eye?

What is cause. Most scratches of the eye have an incident which can be identified as causing it - such as fingernails, branch of a tree, etc. These are generally quite painful but most heal well and quickly with no consequences. If you know the cause and the pain lasts more than 2 days then see an ophthalmologist. If the abrasion occurred spontaneously than you might have it evaluated right away.
Corneal abrasion. Best treatment is to keep your eye closed and use artificial tear drops, gel, or bland ointment frequently. These are all over the counter and come in a variety of brands such as refresh or systane. Ibuprofen or aleve (naproxen) may help with the pain. Do not wear contact lenses until your eye feels normal. See an ophthalmologist if the pain worsens or is not better in 24 hours.
Needs attention. A scratch in the eye or corneal abrasion can be one of the most excruciating experiences. It usually feels as if something is in the eye and it becomes difficult to keep the eye open. Anything that violates the outer skin coating or the eye has the potential to cause infection that could be visually threatening. For this reason you should seek medical attention.
Eye scratch. A scratch on the eye typically affects the cornea. It is very painful and creates light sensitivity in the patient. It is simply treated by patching the eyelid to maintain closure of the lid over the cornea. These typically heal quickly over a period of 1-3 days.
Scratch in eye. Scratch in eye requires examination to see the size of of scratch, location of scratch and looking for any associated complications. Please consult your doctor .