Neurologist determined I have spinal stenosis with several pinced nerves. Is a neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeon a better treatment provider?

Spinal stenosis. Find a surgeon you trust. Traditionally, neurosurgeons did not reconstruct patients, but more-or-less decompressed patients and also did nerve-tumor work. Orthopaedic spine surgeons were more biomechanically trained to stabilize patients where needed. Nowadays, there is a lot of cross training, so find a good guy/girl you like. Ask prior patients or look at rating on the web for local docs!
Depends. Depends on the practitioner's training, experience and judgement . I would inquire of local physicians for their recommendations.
Neuro vs Ortho? Spinal stenosis is a narrowing of the spinal canal that can be treated with a relatively straight forward decompressive procedure (e.g., laminotomy). My suggestion would be for you to find a well-trained spine surgeon - either neuro or ortho - and get a sense of their reputation in their local community. Insider's tip: a good source of info are the doctors and nurses that work in their hospitals.