What can I do to manage my baby's gas?

In brief: Proper Burping
Hard to describe.
I usually show parents how to do it during a visit; a proper burp looks harder than it really is.

In brief: Proper Burping
Hard to describe.
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
2 comments
Dr. Hillel Naon
Burp the baby and discuss with your pediatrician other options such as mylicon drops
Dr. Hillel Naon
When you feed the baby make sure that he does not swallow air from the bottle, make sure that the bottle is down and that the air is above the milk.
Dr. Paul Trani
In brief: Chamomile tea
For those babies who aren't breast feeding, excessive gassiness may be a result of a formula that's just not the right match for baby.
Play around with the formula type, but while you do that, try some chamomile tea. A few teaspoons once or twice a day is quite safe for baby, and may aid gassiness greatly. Just make sure the tea is not too hot when you give it to baby.

In brief: Chamomile tea
Dr. Paul Trani
Dr. Paul Trani
Dr. Paul Trani
In brief: Watch your own diet
A great deal of the time, breast feeding moms can affect the amount of gas their baby produces by watching the foods in their own diet.
Cruciferous vegetables (like broccoli and cabbage) can make you and your baby quite gassy. Baby's stomach can also be affected by too much dairy-rich, fried, or spicy foods in the diet, but not one answer is the same for everyone. Play around.

In brief: Watch your own diet
Dr. Paul Trani
Dr. Paul Trani