What can I do at night when im trying to sleep, my legs be really hurting?

Dr. James Isobe
Phlebology

In brief: See a doctor

Peripheral arterial disease results in decrease blood flow into the legs resulting in rest pain like you have.
If hanging your leg over the side of the bed gives relief and if you have similar pain when walking, then pad is likely. Venous insufficiency can cause swelling at day's end resulting in leg pain at night. Back problems is a possibility. See a doctor to evaluate the pain.

In brief: See a doctor

Dr. James Isobe
Dr. James Isobe
Pathology

In brief: Leg cramps

Noctural leg cramps, which is what this sounds like, are a poorly-understood but very common problem as people get older. I am going to assume that you drink enough water and do not have diabetes or low serum potassium for whatever reason -- a physician can tell.
The remedy that i was taught in medical school -- quinine and stretching before bedtime -- are still popular.

In brief: Leg cramps

Dr. William Forsythe