I am having leukoplakia and after knowing this I have stopped smoking or any kind of tobacco when will tha patches go?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: Takes a long time
For pigmentation body needs serotonin to make melanin and the precursor is tryptophan - during acute stress to body if there is stress to adrenals there would be both white and brown spots and only white spots is higher up in pituitary.
You can try neuro-htp by biotics but repigmentation is not easy. The only thing that works is green lasers but it is very expensive.

In brief: Takes a long time
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dentistry
In brief: Possible
Leukoplakia may resolve when the source of irritation is removed.
It should however be followed up by an exam with a dentist or oral surgeon to make sure it is gone and a velscope® (enhanced oral assessment tool) exam may be indicated as well to be safe.

In brief: Possible
Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology