Which solids are safe to feed my baby?

In brief: Few to avoid

If you are at that point, i like to avoid egg white and chocolate until after a yr& most raw nut products until they can talk ( can inhale these into the lungs).
Avoid pithy foods like raw celery, carrot or apple until after they have grinding teeth. Use your normal diet as a guide.Baby doesn't need to risk a food reaction on something you would rarely put on your table to begin with.

In brief: Few to avoid

In brief: All of them

Generally infants can start with solids (cereal) anytime after 4 months of age.
Then moving onto vegetables and fruit as they get better at their feeding skill. Meats and other foods at around 6 months and up (closer to 9 months) and then puffs/finger foods at 9 mo and up. I generally wait for around 12 mo for other solids and 3 yrs for nut product/shellfish depending on family allergy history.

In brief: All of them

Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Scott J. Wolfson