What to do for migraines.? I've been out of work for over a year because of them.

Seek tertiary care. If you have missed a year's work for migraines, it is time to call in the specialists. You are either not being treated, being treated ineffectively or don't have the right medications or the right work-up. Not throwing any arrows at anyone! you need to see a specialist in headaches and possibly at a tertiary center and get a complete evaluation. You may even need a second or third opinion.
Seriously? Many options. If tried meds, please see a neurologist.