My baby has had diarrhea for two days what can I do?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Hydrate

It will depend on the baby's age and overall health but hydration is the most important thing.
If you have an infant less than 3 months of age, and oral intake is absent, you must see your pcp. Pedialyte type products or oral rehydration powder mixed appropriately or some "gator-ade" type rehydration may help. Must be "peeing". If not must be seen. Dark urine, no tears, no drool--see pcp.

In brief: Hydrate

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Cindy Juster

In brief: See doctor.

Depending on the age of your baby and the severity of the diarrhea, it's possible that your baby could have gotten dehydrated by now.
Please call your baby's doctor and get seen today. The treatment of the diarrhea depends on what's causing it; your baby's doctor will be able to determine the cause and tell you what treatment is needed.

In brief: See doctor.

Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
Your welcome-I hope your baby feels better soon!
Dr. Peter Kurzweil