Im allergic to all seafoods my eyes itch and it becomes hard to breathe but I want to try shrimp so bad and take the fish oil vitamins what can I do?

Dr. Cindy Juster
In brief: Don't do it!!
It's not worth risking your life (and yes, your reaction could close off your airway!) to eat seafood or take fish oil.
Please avoid all seafood and seafood products. Your doctor can suggest other ways to get the nutrients you need without risking a life-threatening reaction.

In brief: Don't do it!!
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
You're welcome!
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
In brief: See an allergist
Not all seafoods are created equally, thus you may not be allergic to all seafoods, just some seafoods.
A good allergist will be able to guide you, after sufficient testing, to let you know what is and is not available for you to eat. In the meantime, do not experiment by eating seafood on your own.

In brief: See an allergist
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: NO
I agree with the above answer with one caveat.
Anyone with suspected food allergy should be evaluated by an allergists to confirm or refute the suspected allergy. If one is truly food allergic to shellfish then consumption of that food can be life threatening. To that end, anyone with this type of allergy should also be prescribed an epi - pen and written anaphylaxis treatment plan.

In brief: NO
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology