Why can't I get pregnant?

It depends! There are lots of possibilities! roughly one-third of the time there is a "female" problem (ovulation problems, blocked tubes, etc), one-third of the time there is a "male" problem (sperm issue), and one-third there are more than one identifiable issue. Your general ob/gyn or fertility specialist can get you started with the appropriate workup/tests (if any). Good luck!
Fertility evaluation. See a ob/gyn or infertility specialist for infertility evaluation. Infertility = failure to conceive after 1 year of unprotected sex, and affects ~15% of couples. Evaluation involves confirmation of ovulation, patency of fallopian tubes, and assessment of sperm characteristics. Abnormalities in any one of these may make it more difficult to conceive, even with history of previous live birth(s).