I have recurrent back pain, specifically at the back of my right shoulder. What should I do to ease the pain?

Find a Physician. Pain around the shoulder blade is typically referred from the cervical spine. I recommend that you find a physician who specializes in non-surgical spine care. My recommendation is a specialist in physical medicine and rehabilitation. They should be able to perform a comprehensive examination, review your imaging studies and develop a working diagnosis and treatment plan to get rid of your pain.