What can I eat if I have diabetes?

Dr. Alvin Fried
Internal Medicine - Diabetology

In brief: Almost anything

This may seem like a strange answer, but it must be done in the setting of a formally set up diet in consultation with a registered dietician.
A dietician can furnish a diet regimen that takes into account your personal and religious requirements and probably would not completely eliminate any specific food. It will, however, limit your carbohydrate intake.

In brief: Almost anything

Dr. Alvin Fried
Dr. Alvin Fried
Dr. Susan Wingo
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Food!

Seriously, people with diabetes can eat almost anything, but should follow guidelines.
For people with type 2 diabetes, the emphasis is on portion control particularly with respect to carbs (sugars & starches) to assist w/ wt loss and avoid wt gain. For people with type 1 diabetes, the emphasis is on eating a consistent amount of carbs every day, and spreading them evenly throughout the day.

In brief: Food!

Dr. Susan Wingo
Dr. Susan Wingo