My nose is growing big day by day.It looks so weird...I had a small nose before 4 years.I did sinus surgery before 4 years.Is it possible to stop it?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: Rhinophyma
The word rhinophyma is derived from the greek word “rhis” meaning nose and “phyma” meaning growth.
Commonly rosacea is referred to as the main cause of this particular illness. While rhinophyma can have other causes it will very often occur due to untreated rosacea and is described as third stage rosacea. In eastern medicine it is caused by interference field due to surgery/trauma - reset this.

In brief: Rhinophyma
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: See your doctor
To be treated appropriately, you need to know the cause of this.
Why is it growing? Is it infection, scar tissues, pimple? See your pcp to have this evaluated. Otherwise, see the surgeon who did the sinus surgery to see if he/she has any idea. There is a hormonal problem called acromegaly that can cause dispropotionate growth. A blood test can rule this out. Your pcp can order this for you.

In brief: See your doctor
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery