How can I get my baby to sleep at naptime

Wake them early

Baby
Babies sleep when they need to, and you can't make them sleep if they are not sleepy. You can wake them earlier in the AM to make them tire out earlier; or you can leave them alone. There is nothing absolutely essential about naptime.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Drowsiness Sleep Baby Children's health Child health

have a routine

Sleep
if your baby wakes up at same time and you repeat same routine every day it is good for him and you as things get a little more predictable. you cant make things happen by forcing her to sleep as it just back fires.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Baby Back Sleep Children's health Child health

rituals

Puberty
A good rule of thumb is to set guidelines for napping and anticipate appropriate age norms. So generally a bedtime or naptime routine can be helpful, let the infant/toddler know what is going to happen next, this way they can prepare.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Baby Child health Children's health Fingers Sleep Thumb

answered:

a soothing routine

Sleep
Setting up routines for feeding, bedtime, baths and waking up in the morning will help regulate your baby's patterns throughout the day. When you notice your baby looking sleepy, play soothing music in quiet setting and place your baby down. Or try other calming, relaxing measures that will signal it's time for a nap.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Drowsiness Feeding Sleep Children's health Naps Baby Child health

Related Top Doctors