I went in december 7th, 2011 for my Depo-Provera provera (medroxyprogesterone) shot; and i've been feeling very sick. I don't know if this is being caused by the Depo-Provera shot. Help!?

Dr. Leland Cheng

In brief: Doubt the Depo cause

Usually depo-provera doesn't cause nausea, but if it did, i would expect it would have occured sooner after the shot was given, because that is when the hormone level is highest in your body.
Its levelgradually tapers downward over the 3 months it is active. However pregnancy can occur despite depo-provera (nothing is foolproof), so check a pregnancy test. Consider GI problems also.

In brief: Doubt the Depo cause

Dr. Leland Cheng
Dr. Leland Cheng
Dr. Jane Van Dis