How do I cure jock itch?

Jock Itch. Jock itch is caused by fungus (yeast). The medical name is tinea cruris and it is usually because of sweat and moistness in the groin and folds. Sometimes for a short time a combination steroid and fungal cream is used. The steroid helps in itching and anti fungal kills the fungus. Keeping the area dry is helpful in preventing recurrence.
Tinea vrs Yeast. Two of the most common causes of jock itch are tinea cruris and Candida Albicans (yeast infection). Some creams good for yeast don't work for tinea. Try Lamisil (terbinafine) or lotrimin over the counter apply at least once or twice a day x 1month. Keep the area dry with talc powder (may use desenex). This is common in diabetics, obesity, immunocompromised pts, pts using cortisone.