What are some tips for getting enough rest now that I have a small baby?

In brief: Get a helper.
Seriously. You need more uninterrupted sleep than a baby is likely to give you, early on.
It takes time before a baby can go longer than 3 hours without a feeding, so you need someone else to feed the baby at least once or twice in each 24-hour period. I have heard of women who nurse without quite waking up, but that's dangerous.

In brief: Get a helper.
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Michelle Zetoony
Follow what you've probably heard a million times, sleep when baby sleeps. Easier said than done when we have about a thousand other things we want and need to get done. Help when offered is always welcome.
Dr. Zeda Amaya
In brief: Piggyback schedule
Do you realize that from the time you conceived and carried your baby to its appointed miraculous birth, you are a superhero? In order to continue your work successfully you'll need rest (& good nutrition).
Try resting when baby rests-piggyback her schedule. Aim for a tidy environment and not an impeccable one to sneak in more rest.Prepare easy meals. Afterall, remember even superheros need rest!

In brief: Piggyback schedule
Dr. Zeda Amaya
Dr. Zeda Amaya
Dr. Jane Van Dis