My lungs have sharp pains and I have been coughing for months. My doctor can't find the problem. Any ideas?

Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Possibilities...

Possibilities include bronchospasm, gerd, post-nasal drip or a combination of 2 or more of these.
The treatments for each of these is cometely different and if just 1 diagnosis is missed, the patient will continue coughing. The diagnoses of these can require testing. If you are smoking, you need to quit to decrease this ongoing source of inflammation. Your doctor can help with this as well.

In brief: Possibilities...

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Videh Mahajan

In brief: Cough

If you have a h/o smoking and haven't had a ct chest, then consider getting one.

In brief: Cough

Dr. Videh Mahajan
Dr. Videh Mahajan
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology