I get dizzy when I do blood test. Any possible reasons. My blood tests are normal ?

Ken Starnes
General Practice

In brief: Apprehension

This is fairly common.
Concern over the stick, the result, your health condition trigger a reaction that results in a fall in blood pressure and slowing of the heart rate causing faintness. Being hungry does not help. In most cases, it's not anything to worry about. Stand up slowly afterwards, and get some fluids in you.

In brief: Apprehension

This is fairly common.
Ken Starnes
Ken Starnes
Answer assisted by Ken Starnes, Medical Student
Dr. Liviu Klein
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Vasovagal syncope

You have very likely vasovagal syncope - aka common faint.
A lot of people become vasovagal when donating blood. It's nothing to worry about, just make sure you hydrate yourself before blood tests and sit down longer before standing up after the blood test.

In brief: Vasovagal syncope

Dr. Liviu Klein
Dr. Liviu Klein