How do you deal with a parent who has borderline?

Dr. Martha Stark
In brief: Peer support
If you have a parent who is borderline, it always helps to have a confidant / confidante, someone in whom you can confide when the going gets so tough at home that you wonder how you can bear it any longer. Learning more about borderlines will also provide you with some "tools, " so that you will be able to understand a little better -- and so that you won't feel so alone.
I wish you the best.

In brief: Peer support
I wish you the best.
Dr. Martha Stark
Dr. Martha Stark
Dr. Kimberly Erway
In brief: DBT
Dbt (dialectic behavior therapy) has been helpful for some with bpd.
If it is available in your location, it is a good first step. Some 12 step programs including aa or al-anon can also be helpful especially if there are substance abuse issues in either the parent or the family.

In brief: DBT
Dr. Kimberly Erway
Dr. Kimberly Erway