How can I manage my child's wakeful period?

In brief: Most of the time...
Most of the time, there's wakeful stuff to do: feed, change, bathe.
The rest of the time, play: together as much as possible, separately as much as you need to.

In brief: Most of the time...
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
In brief: Tolerate
My senior associate once stated " you can't make a child eat, sleep or go to the bathroom.".
Most newborn babies wake at night. Some newborns even have their days and nights mixed up. Sometimes swaddling the babies will make them feel more secure and more likely to fall asleep. As babies develop they tend to be more involved with their environments and tend to be awake more during the day.

In brief: Tolerate
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Dr. Natalie Hodge
And that first statement is certainly great advice! great answer!
Dr. Shontae Buffington