Can balloon surgery be performed for nasal polyps?

Not to cure them. Balloon sinuplasty is a nice way of opening blocked sinuses. Polyp disease is not an issue of blocked sinuses the way pain or recurrent infection might be. Polyps are from nasal and sinus inflammation. The balloon procedure won't stop your particular nose from being inflamed. Removing the polyps and opening the sinuses combined with medication, oral and intranasal, long term is the best treatment.
Unlikely. I do not perform balloon surgery so my opinion is guarded. But I have done many hundreds of sinus surgeries for nasal polyposis. The balloon is used to enlarge the various openings of the sinuses to increase ventilation and drainage. The polyp is a mass of inflammatory tissue and I doubt that the balloon would have any effect on their removal.
No. Balloon sinuplasty is indicated for recurrent/chronic sinusitis. It is not indicated for polyps. In fact in the setting of polyps, balloon sinuplasty is relatively contraindicated.
Sadly no. Polyps can sometimes be treated with steroids, be they inhaled or orally taken or injected. Sinuplasty opens up sinuses but don't change polyps. Individuals with polyps should consider seeing an allergist to see what they are allergy to, as often controlling allergies will lessen polyps, or at least the recurrence of polyps if surgery has been performed.