Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) 200mg has really helped me how long will I have to take I have sjogrens ?

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Depends
Often its use is long term but it depends on the manifestations of your sjogrens.
The good news it is helping, as many people with sjogren's will discover, but consider the alternative that it might not work. It needs to be monitored, as does any medication.

In brief: Depends
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine)
You should take it for as long as it works and no significant side effects.
Remember to have your eye exam for field of vision . Your doctor may request you to have bloodwork on a regular basis to check your blood counts.

Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana