I have fibromyalgia and two heart conditions, plus I am B12 and vitamin d and iron deficient, can this be connected with lupus?

Dr. Steven Arbit
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: No

People with fibromyalgia can have lupus as well, but the conditions are separate and distinct.
The heart issue and vitamin deficiencies are also not related.

In brief: No

Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. Chad Boomershine
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Not likely.

Lupus patients often have fibromyalgia, but fibromyalgia patients rarely have lupus.
Lupus is rare, occurring in less than 1% of the population, wherea fibromyalgia is common, occurring in up to 10% of women. Also, b12, vitamin d and iron deficiency are common, particularly women. Only a rheumatologist can determine if you have lupus. If you are concerned you may have lupus, see a rheumatologist.

In brief: Not likely.

Dr. Chad Boomershine
Dr. Chad Boomershine
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology