I have been having severe seb.Dermatitis and hair loss for two years. Will my hair grow back after treating seb dermatitis?

Dr. Karen Han
Dermatology

In brief: Generally yes.

Seborrheic dermatitis is an inflammatory condition that is thought to be due to a ubiquitous yeast called pityrosporum ovale.
Flares of seb derm are typically associated with physical or emotional stresses, as do hair loss, which we call telogen effluvium. As long as there is no evidence of scarring (loss of follicles), your hairs will grow back once the stressor(s) are removed.

In brief: Generally yes.

Dr. Karen Han
Dr. Karen Han