Do I need to add water to juice to give to my child?

Dr. Patricia Vuguin

It is a good idea to dlute calories, babies do not need juice fresh fruit is always better.

Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Dr. Patricia Vuguin

In brief: Why do juice ?

Those juices labeled for babies are diluted during processing so adding water to regular juice is reasonable if you decide to use them. Over the years I began to see juice as just flavored sugar, that would eventually set the kid up for a life focused on sweets.
I don't recommend them any more. A bit of apple sauce or wedge of fruit gives a kid a more natural experience.

In brief: Why do juice ?

Juice has a lot of fruit sugar, so a child who is drinking juice can either drink just a little bit, or have it diluted with 1/4 to 1/2 water.

Dr. Carol Jacobs

In brief: Why juice?

Adding water to juice is a common practice but it's important to give your child plain water to drink through the day.
Too much juice may actually have negative health benefits. I hope this article helps! http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/nutrition/a/fruit_juice.htm

In brief: Why juice?

Dr. Carol Jacobs
Dr. Carol Jacobs
Dr. Steven Seres