I have habit of scratching my head to the point of scabs; habit is worse w/scabs cuz I want to pick off. Does this habit pose any danger or infection?

Dr. Richard Feinstein
Dermatology

In brief: Scalp pimples

Some people get pimples on their scalps, and when these are picked, they form scabs, which get more irritated, and can scar. These are more common in people with allergies, like eczema.
These can get infected at t imes and cause a swollen gland in the back of the scalp. Shampoo with a dandruff shampoo, every other night, and use Hydrocortisone cream. Don't pick. You may need an antibiotic pill.

In brief: Scalp pimples

Dr. Richard Feinstein
Dr. Richard Feinstein
Dr. Luis Villaplana

In brief: Of course!

Your fingers carry bacteria.
If your scalp is raw, sooner or later it will get infected. Get this looked at and treated please.

In brief: Of course!

Your fingers carry bacteria.
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana