Rn said today my mamm results showed 5mm density and this don't make sense to me she said they are calling it a lymphnode? What does that mean.

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Lymph nodes

A lymph node can appear on the mammogram, and unless it shows abnormal signs, its nothing to be worried about.

In brief: Lymph nodes

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: See your physician

It sounds like you need to be seen by your physician for a physical and diagnosis.

In brief: See your physician

Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Michael Ginsburg
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: Usually benign

Lymph nodes can appear for various reasons.
If not enlarged and in an appropriate location it is a frequently seen benign finding on a mammogram. I realize that hearing anything abnormal from a mammogram is stressful and anxiety inducing, but if your mammogram was caregorized-category 2:benign (non-cancerous) finding, you don't need to worry. Just continue your regular annual screening mammogram.

In brief: Usually benign

Dr. Michael Ginsburg
Dr. Michael Ginsburg
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery