If im having a painful toothache what can I do?

Seek dental care. There are no home remedies or cures for rotten teeth. No magic pills or rinses or mouthwashes. Toothaches need to be treated locally by a dentist, someone who has years of experience treating these conditions. The sooner you call the sooner you will feel better. Please don't delay, the pain may soon be unbearable.
1st call dentist. You can't fix a broken or infected tooth. So first, call your dentist for an appointment. Until you get to see dentist, ice, salt water rinses, advil/motrin/ibuprofen as per package directions. Until the infection is treated, problem will only spread and become even more painful, so please call your dentist now.
Advil, (ibuprofen) ice, &dentist. First, go see a dentist so that the source of the pain can be fixed. In the meantime, ice packs and advil (ibuprofen) should help.
Tooth ache. Ibuprofen, if infection , need antibiotics as well for 5 - 7 days, definitley check iwth dentist as if caried needs filling or extraction or root canal depending on the eval.