My eleven month old had a fever of 104.0 fh. Was told didn't need to take him to ER unless its 105.0 fh.. Is this true?

Dr. Cindy Juster
In brief: Please have him seen
With a temperature like that, i'd recommend having him seen today.
Given his age, it's a good idea to make sure it's not a bacterial infection. I hope he feels better soon!

In brief: Please have him seen
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
In brief: Depends
I would try treating with appropriate dose of tylenol (acetaminophen) and tepid bath.
If the fever does not come down within 30-60 minutes or if the child is signficantly uncomfortable i would recommend you take them on in to get checked out. If the fever is controlled you should definitely take the child to the doctor in the morning to find the cause of the fever.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Shontae Buffington