I av ringing in my ears and doc said fluid is one.Do I need surgery?

Dr. David Kam
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Possibly

Tinnitus in ears are usually related to hearing lost.
Fluid in middle ear will amplifly the ringing. If the fluid is persistent and did not respond to medical treatment, placement of an ear tube will decrease tinnitus and also improve your hearing in that ear.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. David Kam
Dr. David Kam
Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: NO!

There is no surgery to cure ringing (tinnitus).
However, if you have fluid... A simple procedure in the clinic to drain the fluid can be done under topical anesthesia.

In brief: NO!

Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Al Pokorny
Very important to be seen by an otolaryngologist. You need a complete evaluation to determine whether you really have fluid behind the tympanic membrane or not...sudden sensory hearing losses are commonly missed by primary care providers.
Dr. Eric Weisman