Is itp a form of cancer? Since they found out that I have low platelets in 07. I heaven on IV treatments.My platelets can be 168 an still taktreatment

Dr. Frank Mayo
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: No

Ttp is a disorder causing clot formation in microscopic blood vessels and resulting in low platelet counts altered mental status and renal failure .
It responds to plasmapheresis. Cause is unknown. Some forms of cancer may be complicated by ttp and there is a genetic form too.

In brief: No

Dr. Frank Mayo
Dr. Frank Mayo
Dr. Edward Gold

In brief: No

ITP is not cancer.
It is an autoimmune disease where your immune system mistakenly attacks your own platelets

In brief: No

ITP is not cancer.
Dr. Edward Gold
Dr. Edward Gold
Dr. Marsha Davis