Im an avid runner. It is a great stress relief but i'm starting to feel my age of 46 in my joints, back and knees and suggestions?

Dr. Kevin Stone
Sports Medicine

In brief: Cross train

If running is your only form of exercise i would recommend cross training.
It is important to vary one's exercise to decrease repetitive stress to joints and muscles. Incorporating a strengthening program that includes core exercises is very important as well. If you are not sure how to start, seek help from a physical therapist or highly skilled personal trainer.

In brief: Cross train

Dr. Kevin Stone
Dr. Kevin Stone
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Shock absorbent shoe

Make sure that your running shoes have excellent cushioning and shock absorption.
It will reduce the stresses that go up from your foot up to your back when running.

In brief: Shock absorbent shoe

Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine