I have a sore throat at the bottom like I've been kicked there and a dry cough?

Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Possibilities...

Possibilities for this include post-nasal drip where the throat is irritated and a cough ensues.
There are nasal sprays your doctor can prescribe that are very effective. Bronchospasm can also have symptoms like you describe and bronchodilator and steroid inhalers can be effective for this. So, see your doctor so the correct diagnosis and treatment can be done. Quit smoking to lower inflammation.

In brief: Possibilities...

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Videh Mahajan

In brief: Cough

It could be lingering cough from previous infection.
It may be asthma, reflux or postnasal discharge causing cough. It could be some more pressing/significant to evaluate further if you have a h/o smoking.

In brief: Cough

Dr. Videh Mahajan
Dr. Videh Mahajan