Smashed my pinky finger in the car door. 1 side of it has been numb for 2 weeks. Will I regain feeling in it? It feels like it's asleep?

Dr. Michael Raemisch
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Most likely better

Numbness is due to injuring the nerve.
Nerves usually do recover from crushing injuries -- of course worse injuries are harder to recover from. It takes quite a long time, though. I think you're finger is going to be ok with more time.

In brief: Most likely better

Numbness is due to injuring the nerve.
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Maybe

Trauma to a finger, such as closing a door on it, can damage the nerves of the finger. These nerves (2 nerves) run down the sides of the finger. It can take weeks or months to determine if these sensory nerves are permanently damaged.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Eric Weisman