If I've had a STD for a year is that the cause of me not being able to get pregnant?

Marianne DiNapoli

In brief: It's possible

Certain std's, like chlamydia and gonorrhea, can cause pelvic inflammatory disease (pid).
Pid can lead to scarring of the reproductive organs and infertility. If you think you could have an std, visit your doctor right away to get tested.

In brief: It's possible

Marianne DiNapoli
Marianne DiNapoli
Answer assisted by Marianne Di Napoli, Medical Student
Dr. Samuel Pauli
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Could Be

It depends on the std.
Some stds can cause pelvic infections or pelvic inflammatory disease and cause intra-abdominal adhesions which can cause infertility. Stds may also damage or cause swelling of the fallopian tubes which can impair fertility. Chlamydia is the most common std associated with infertility but other stds can also cause infertility.

In brief: Could Be

It depends on the std.
Dr. Samuel Pauli
Dr. Samuel Pauli
Dr. Jane Van Dis