I am going through a cluster headache cycle again any new treatmemt options ? Been in remission for a few years this cycle is bad.....

Dr. Amy Friedman
Surgery - Transplant
In brief: Med/Block/Stimulator
So sorry you are suffering! most recent reports look at very aggressive neurosurgical approaches only for pts with very severe disease who have failed all medical options.
Meds - verapamil, topiramate, lithium, prednisone, Lidocaine (in the nose), + 100% oxygen. Surgery - blocking the occipital nerve, cutting the trigeminal nerve or implanting a stimulator in the hypothalamus (not fda approved).

In brief: Med/Block/Stimulator
Dr. Amy Friedman
Dr. Amy Friedman
Dr. Amy Friedman
Surgery - Transplant
In brief: Nothing special :(
Most important is to be certain your physician is caring, up to date with cluster medications, and available to you.
This pain can be horrendous. The sleep deprivation added to the fear of another headache starting is truly a form of torture. Don't suffer alone. And, if one strategy or drug type doesn't work for you (even if it did for someone else) try another. Good luck - thinking of you!

In brief: Nothing special :(
Dr. Amy Friedman
Dr. Amy Friedman
Ken Starnes
General Practice
In brief: Personal story
I have suffered from horrible cluster headaches, and found two thinks that have helped me: 1) keeping my nasal passages clear my flushing with saline can sometimes prevent them and 2) when one comes on, rubbing a tiny amount of hot sauce, or something else with capsaicin ( the compound that makes chillies hot) inside my nostril can alliate the symptoms.
Just my experience, your mileage may vary.

In brief: Personal story
Ken Starnes
Ken Starnes
Answer assisted by Ken Starnes, Medical Student
Dr. Eric Weisman