Had my baby&could see in the mirror that my thyroid looked big. I told dr but it went down soon after. Ultrasound showed 8mm nodule. Thyroiditis?

Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: Throiditis

Is inflammation of the thyroid gland and yes with a swollen neck and a nodule you do have an inflammatory condition.
Acupuncture and chinese medicine can be very helpful (in conjunction with your traditional care) so i would encourage you to find a practitioner in your area to help resolve the underlying condition that lead to this situation.

In brief: Throiditis

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Liuska Pesce
Most small nodules are benign and it is true they can be seen in thyroiditis, but follow up is needed. I would recommend a 6 months follow up US. I recommend tradiditonal medicines for the treatment of thyroid problems and I am not aware of acupunture alleviating thyroiditis. It is not uncommon for the thyroid to enlarge during pregnancy due to hCG levels. This also cause mild hyperthyroidism in the first trimester. My advice-- have your thyroid hormone levels checked, thyroid antibodies measured and a follow up US in 6 months to make sure nodule is not larger.
Dr. Shontae Buffington