Delivery by cesarean section is one of the predisposing factors of neonatal respiratory distress syndrome, why? And how?

In brief: ??RDS??

I would agree more cs babies have respiratory pbs than regular delivery but the issue is ttn ( transient tachypnea of the newborn) not rds.
A trip down the birth canal helps squeeze some of the lung fluid out before birth, which does not happen for cs. About 10% of cs will have to work hard to clear that fluid & may require o2 & special care in the process.It usually clears in < 48hr.

In brief: ??RDS??

Dr. Jane Van Dis